I had reserved the entire of Last week of Nov for the SNC event. But I hurt myself and got the tiny toe fractured 😐
Yeah it sucks to just sit at home all day, not move, not cook much. But anyway it took me 2 days and one batch of bad adhirasam batter to get to the final product. Yashodha gave us this opportunity to make this wonderful dish.
I had to use the light color jaggery as the dark one was not available in the nearest store.
You shall need:
2 cups rice (raw)
1 cup jaggery
A pinch of cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
1/4 cup water
5-6 tsp milk
1-2 tsp of ghee
- Soak rice for 1 or 2 hours. Drain it from water.
- Do not dry it completely, it should be moisture moderately. Grind them into powder and should be neither coarse nor fine.
- Add jaggery and water in the heavy bottomed vessel. Allow them to boil.
- Add cardamom powder and allow the syrup should be thicker which is in one string consistency.
- Remove it from the stove. After few minutes add rice flour slowly and stir well until you get soft dough. It should be in the consistency of chapatti dough.
- While mixing rice flour add ghee.
- Heat oil for deep fry. Take a plastic sheet/foil and apply oil on it.
- Take small lemon sized dough and keep it on the greased foil. Dip your fingers in the oil and flatten the dough into thick chapatti.
- Take the thick chapatti out from the foil and drop gently into the heated oil. Fry both the sides until it should be nice and brown.
- Remove adhirasam on an tissue paper. Repeat steps for all others.
Serve with love