Phew… What a day I had yesterday. It was tiresome yet it left me with memories that shall last a lifetime 🙂
I got into the BM#22 late this time due to my negligence. Thanks a lot to Valli for letting me still be a part 🙂
I came across a book on pressure cooking by Nita Mehta and wanted to make use of it. Hence I chose Pressure cooking as the theme for the first week.
I was kinda short on time and yet wanted to make something that is quick and never made in my kitchen.
On page 97 of the book, there is Tamatar ki Chutney or Tomato Chutney.
The measurement below serves 6 easily.
You shall need:
1/2 kg… Tomatoes [Chopped in 4 pieces/quarters]
1.5 tbsp… Oil
1 tsp… Panch Poran [A mix of Saunf, Kalaunji, Jeera, rai and methi dana]
1 tsp… Salt
1 tbsp.. . Sugar [I replaced it with jaggery]
2… Dried red chillies
1.. Bay leaf
1… Small onion [ Finely chopped]
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the panch poran, whole red chillies and tej patta.
- Cook until saunf changes color.
- Add onion and fry till it becomes pink.
- Add the tomatoes to it. Cook until it softens.
- Add Jaggery and salt.
- You will not need water, pressure cook for 2-3 whistles on full gas.
- When the steam settles, open the lid and let it dry if it is too liquid.
- Serve as you please 🙂
Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here.