I really never knew making rasgullas shall be so rewarding. I made this for BM#22 and had a blast.
Page 102 of Pressure cooking by Nita Mehta gave me the chance to try my hands on this.
You shall need: [Makes 10-12]
1 L…. Full cream milk
1.5-2 tbsp… Vinegar
1 cup… Sugar
3 cup… water
2… green cardamoms
- Boil the milk and switch off the gas.
- Add the vinegar and let the milk curdle.
- Pour the chhena on a cheesecloth/muslin cloth and leave to dry for atleast 2 hours.
- Blend in a mixer without water until smooth and uniform.
- Put water, sugar and cardamom in the cooker and let it boil.
- Make small balls of the chhena mixture and drop in the sugar syrup.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Remove from fire and let it cool. Serve
Things I learnt:
Mine were flat discs and not plump, so for the next time I shall pressure cook them in lots of sugar water. As they really swell up and need water to stay round. Else they are a hit in the family.
Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here.
Linking this to: