You shall need: [Makes about 5-6]
1/2 cup… Jowar Flour
1/2 cup… Bajra Flour
1/3 cup… Wheat Flour [Plus more to roll the chapati]
1/2 tsp.. Salt
1+1 tbsp.. Oil
- Add the flours in a bowl with Salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Start kneading the flours to make a dough. The dough shall be soft so be careful and add just enough water so that it holds the shape.
- Apply 1 tbsp oil on the kneaded dough. Place in an airtight container and put in the fridge for 20 min.
- Now make 5-6 balls from the dough.
- Apply wheat flour and make chapatis. They should not be very thin.
- On a hot girddle, put it in the center. [Do not apply any ghee/oil]
- When bubbles appear on the surface, flip it.
- Once the bubbles are formed on the second side as well, using a pair of tongs, cook it on open flame [Off the griddle]
- Put it aside until to be served.
- Repeat for all others.
- While serving apply a generous helping of the ghee and spread evenly on it.
- Serve it with Gur/Shaak/Oil-Salt-Red chilly powder mixture.
Sending this to:
brain child of Kiran
brain child of Gayathri