For this months Baking Partners challenge we were asked to make shaped dinner rolls. I chose an Eggless Dinner roll recipe.
Eggless Dinner Roll:
3 teaspoons….active-dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar…. (can be reduced to 1/4 cup if desired but bread will be slightly bland)
1 1/2 – 2 c. ….warm (not hot) water
1 Tablespoon oilMethod:
- Pre heat oven to 180 C.
- Add the yeast and sugar to the water and let it froth.
- Add the salt to the flour and slowly add the yeast.
- Knead the dough until it stops sticking to the palms.
- Form a ball of the entire dough and place in an oiled bowl.
- Cover with a cheese cloth and place in a warm place for 1-1.5 hour.
- Once it doubles in size, punch down the air and shape in the styes you like.
Garlic-Herb-Olive Oil mixture
3 tbsp… Olive oil
3 pods of garlic [Minced]
pinch of coarse salt
Mixed Italian Herbs
- Mix all of them in a small bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, rub them on the shaped rolls before baking.