Dontcha get scared looking at the name 🙂
Brinjal in Gujarati is Ringan and Tuver Seeng is this.
You shall need:
1 cup… Tuver Seeng
1 large/6 small… Brinjals [Cut in cubes]
1/4 tsp… Mustard seeds/Rai
1/4 tsp… Jeera
1 tbsp.. Jaggery
1/2 cup… Water
1/2 tsp… Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp… Turmeric powder
2…Green Chillies [Finely chopped]
1 tbsp… Oil
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- Add the mustard seeds, jeera and a pinch of Hing.
- Wash the tuver seeng and chopped brinjal.
- Keep immersed in water until further use.
- In the cooker, add the Salt, turmeric powder, green chilies and red chilly powder.
- Now add the veggies.
- Add the water and jaggery.
- Stir well.
- Put the lid on and let it cook upto 2 whistles on full flame and 2 on a medium flame.
- Serve with Rotla/Bhakri/Khichdi.