Few weeks back we saw first season of 2 Broke Girls on Stat World.
Two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business by making and selling cup cakes.
Since I am already doing this on a very small scale with my best friend aka the Pati, it was only apt to make cup cakes for the final day of the BM #22.
We recently sold about 55 cup cakes in the apartment for the Sports day event. I made coffee chocolate cup cakes, laapsi cup cakes, apple cup cakes and Coconut chocolate cup cakes. They were a hit. I used vanilla butter cream frosting and laced it with some nutella. On a few of them I placed some chocolate shards.
You shall need:
1.5 cup…. Maida/AP Flour
1… Big apple [ I used the one in the pic below]
1 cup…. White sugar
1 cup…. Butter milk [1 cup milk + 1 tbsp Vinegar, let it stand for 10 min]
1/2 tsp… Vanilla essence
a scant pinch of salt
1/2 tsp… Baking Powder
1/2 cup… Oil [can be reduced to 1/4 cup and milk can be increased]
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Grate the apple and add to the flour [I used the thickest grater side and did not remove the peel of the apple]
- Add it to the dry ingredients along with the butter milk, oil and vanilla essence.
- Mix well with a whisk until well combined.
- Pout 3/4 full in cup cake liners and bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for 20-25 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here
Sending this to: