Arrgghhh I had such a time thinking of a name for the cake. Also it has been too long I baked a cake. [#notetoself Bake cake soon]
You shall need:
For the cake-
125 gms… Butter
1/2 cup… Sugar
1/3 cup… Icing Sugar [Powdered sugar]
1.25 cup… Flour [Or self raising flour]
1/2 cup… Cocoa powder
1 tsp… Baking soda
1/2 tsp… Baking powder
1 cup… Butter milk [I cup milk with 1 tbsp vinegar]
2 tbsp… chocolate chip
- Cream butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time and beat.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Sift the dry ingredients and put aside.
- Now add dry and wet ingredients alternatively in 2 batches.
- Pour in a lined tin and sprinkle chocolate chip on top.
- Bake in a 180C pre heated oven for 35-40 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Take it out on the cooling rack and let it cool for sometime.
For the Frosting:
You shall need-
200 Ml…Whipping cream
300 gms… milk chocolate [you may use dark if you like, I just wanted a different color appeal]
40 gms… Butter
2-3 tbsp… Icing Sugar
- Heat chocolate and cream in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the icing sugar and butter. Adjust sweetness as per your taste.
- Let it cool a bit. Pour on the cake.
- Serve with love.
In my opinion and from the feedback I got for this, the cake tastes best once it is kept overnight to chill in the fridge. Before serving keep it out for an hour. It is a stunning fudgy delight. 🙂
Sending this to:
at Simply food