This is a typical Mexican accompaniment to a taco, nachos or burritos etc.
You shall need:
1 cup… Rajma [Soak for 8 hours or over night]
2… Onions [1 quartered and 1 chopped finely]
1… Tomato [Quartered]
Red Chilly Powder
- Boil the rajma with 1.5 cup water.
- Add some salt, quartered onion and tomato.
- Cook upto 3 whistles on high flame and then for 15-20 min on low flame.
- Once the steam drops, open the cooker and mash the beans using the fork.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil, saute onions, red chilly powder.
- Add the mashed beans and mix well.
- Taste the beans and adjust the seasoning.
- It keeps well in the fridge for upto 3-4 weeks.