We all know what theplas are. Well dhebras are healthier second name for the same thing. Why do I call it healthier is because it uses Black Millet Flour or Bajra Flour.
Image source: Google
- Bajra is high in proteins with a good amount of amino acids
- It is a good source of iron, which helps formation of hemoglobin in blood thus preventing anaemia.
- It is a moderate source of vitamin B1, which is required for a healthy nervous system.
You shall need:
1 portion…Wheat flour
1 portion… Methi leaves [Washed and chopped]
1.5 portions…. Bajra Flour
1-2 …green chilly [finely chopped]
1/2 tsp… Ajwain [carom seeds]
Salt to taste
2 tbsp… Oil
water to knead
Wheat flour to roll
- Mix all the ingreidients except 1 tbsp oil.
- Add water little at a time else the dough shall become really sticky.
- Be very careful while kneading it.
- We need it to be semi-soft. bajra flour does not hold a chapati shape well if the dough is very soft.
- After you are done, apply oil on the dough and keep in the fridge for 15 min.
- Make small balls out of the dough and apply wheat flour generously to make the dhebra/chapati.
- Heat a gridle, cook it off like a bhakri or paratha with oil.
- Enjoy with pickle of your choice.