After a night out at the “Den” the pati wanted something spicy, some roll, some crunch…. I seized the opportunity to innovate. While browsing through the ingredients at hand I found I had dhaniya seeds, peanuts, wheat flour dough, tomato puree, tomato, onion, whole green and red chillies, bread crumbs and the usual suspects,,,Salt, pepper, red chilly powder and sugar.
Here goes. You shall need [Makes 2 rolls]
For the tikkis:
3… medium size potatoes [Boiled and mashed]
1…small onion [Peeled, washed and quartered]
1.. small tomato [Washed and quartered]
1/2 tbsp… Poppy seeds [Soaked in warm water]
2… red chillies [Soaked in warm water]
1/2 tsp.. Ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup.. Peanuts [Roasted and peels off]
1/2 tbsp… Coriander seeds
1/2 tsp… Roaster cumin powder
2 tbsp.. Oil
4-5 tbsp… Bread crumbs
Skewers and oil to shallow fry
- In a blender add peanuts, onion, ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds, cumin powder, Poppy seeds, red chillies, green chillies and 2 tbsp water.
- Once a slightly coarse paste is made, take it out.
- In a wok, heat oil and put this masala to cook for a few min.
- Add the mashed potatoes and salt.
- Once it is all mixed well, take out in a bowl and let it cool a bit.
- Add the bread crumbs.
- Soak the skewers in some water for sometime.
- Make flat tikkis on it and shallow fry in a pan until they are nice and crisp.
For the base sauce:
1/2 cup… Tomato puree
pepper to taste
1/4th tsp… Sugar
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tomato puree.
- Let it cook until the fat comes up.
- Add the pepper, salt and sugar.
- We are aiming at hot and sweet flavour from the sauce. Adjust the seasoning.
Lettuce leaves [Optional] I didnt have them 😦
tomato sauce that we made earlier
- Make a big chapati from the wheat dough and keep aside
- Now spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the chapati.
- Add a few blobs of the cheese spread and spread it evenly.
- Now add one tikki at a time and fold.
- Put some butter on the roll and heat on the griddle until nice and crisp.
- Serve hot with love.
Sending this to:
Serve it at Kirthi’s kitchen