Oh this heart warming dish comes from my Bua’s house. Lots of greens, radish and lentils. It is a prefect dish to be eaten bowl-fuls by itself or with rice or chapati. 🙂
You shall need: [Serves 2 hungry people]
300 gms… Spinach [Blanched in salt water]
fist ful of Methi leaves [Cut and washed]
2…Medium Radish [Cut in small pieces and washed]
10 ….Radish greens [I used the baby leaves]
1/2 cup…. Split moong dal [Wash and soak for 15 min]
2… green chillies [Finely chopped]
1 tbsp… Oil
1/2 tsp… Jeera
1/2 tsp… Ginger garlic paste
1… Medium onion [chopped]
1…small tomato [chopped]
Red chilly powder
Pinch of Haldi
- In a cooker, add oil.
- Put in the green chillies and jeera.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the tomato and cook until it is done.
- Add radish, red chilly powder, salt and a pinch of haldi.
- Add the spinach, methi and radish leaves.
- Add dal and and water.
- Give 3 whistles on full flame and 1 on medium.
- Let the steam escape.
- Mix it well and serve with steam rice or chapati
Sending this to: