I usually cook the lasagna sheets before making a lasagna but recently I came across a couple of recipes that urged me to try the uncooked version. may I say the results are fantastic and obviously more effective.
This post is a part of the Electric Appliance theme at BM#24 hosted by Srivalli.
Appliance highlighted- OTG.
You shall need: [Serves 1]
For bechamel Sauce-
3 tbsp… Butter
2 tbsp… All Purpose Flour/maida
1 cup…milk [Plus more to adjust the thickness]
To add to the sauce-
15-20… Washed leaves of Spinach [Blanch them in boiling water for 1 min and then put under cold water.]
1/3 cup… American Corn [Boiled]
1/2 + 1./4 cup … Cheese of your choice [I used cheddar and processed half and half]
Salt and pepper
3 sheets of lasagna pasta
- heat the milk and keep aside.
- In a heavy pan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and stir well and quickly.
- It shall look like a scattered mass of flour and butter but keep stirring it until a uniform mass of flour is not formed.
- After cooking it for 4-5 min, the flour shall turn slightly brown.
- Add a couple of tbsp of milk to moisten the flour and butter.
- Take a whisk and add the remaining milk while stirring constantly.
- You shall be left with creamy sauce.
- At this point, add salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, corn and spinach.
- Mix well and keep aside until use.
- Pre heat oven to 165-170 C.
- In a baking tray, put some sauce in the bottom of the tray.
- Put a sheet of pasta on top of it.
- layer with some more sauce and repeat the process.
- Once the 3rd sheet is placed on the sauce, pour the remaining sauce.
- Now add the 1/3 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 min.
Serve with love