I made this khichdi with broken wheat and moong dal sprouts [Magh ni dal]. It is very scrumptious and easy to make.
This post is a part of the Electric Appliance theme at BM#24 hosted by Srivalli.
Appliance highlighted- Microwave.
You shall need: [Serves 2]
3/4 cup… Daliya/broken wheat [Washed]
1/2 tsp… Jeera
Pinch of heeng
1/2 cup… Moong dal sprouts [Washed] — you may also add other veggies of your choice. Beans, peas, carrot, cauliflower etc.
1 tsp.. Chilly powder
1/2 tsp… Turmeric powder
1 tbsp.. Ghee
2 cup.. hot water
- In a glass bowl, combine the ghee, cumin seeds, asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the broken wheat, mix well and cover with a lid. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients and 2 cups of hot water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 9 minutes.
- Stir well and microwave on HIGH for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the ghee over the dish and serve hot.
Sending this to: