This scrumptious street food comes from Gujarat.
You shall need: [Serves 2]
3 cup… Cooked rice
1/2 cup… Tomato Puree
1… Medium Size tomato [chopped]
1/2 cup… Peas [Boiled]
1.. Onion [chopped]
2.. green chillies [chopped]
1/4 cup… Coriander [Washed and chopped]
1/4 cup… Carrots [Washed, diced and boiled]
5-6…Cauliflower florets [Washed and boiled]
1.5 tbsp… Pav bhaji masala
1 tbsp… Dhaniya powder
1/2 tsp… Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp.. Jeera
2 tbsp… Oil
2 tbsp… Butter
Lemon [to taste]
Pinch of hing
- In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add a pinch of hing.
- Add onions and cook them until they turn pink.
- Now add green chillies and tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes are semi done.
- Add the puree, salt, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder and dhaniya powder.
- Once the masala leaves the fat, add all the veggies and cook until the masala is done.
- In a separate pan, heat 1/2 tbsp butter. Add some rice [As need be] toss it in butter.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of the masala. Mix it well.
- Serve it hot with some butter on the top.
I served it with Methi ni bhaji na gota [Methi pakoras] and dahi.