I saw this recipe on Food Food in a Sanjeev kapoor’s show. It is a sure shot crowd pleaser. The pati loves capsicum, peanut and sesame…and guess what this one dish has it all.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
3… Medium size capsicums [Diced in small-ish pieces]
1 tbsp.. Oil
1/2 tsp… Jeera/cumin seeds
1/2 tsp… Rai/Mustard Seeds
a pinch of hing
1…green chilly [Diced]
1 tsp… Tamarind paste [to taste]
For dry masala-
6 tbsp… Peanuts [roasted]
2 tbsp… Sesame seeds
1 tbsp… Poppy seeds [Soak in water for 10 min]
1 tsp… Red chilly powder [As per taste]
1/2 tsp… Turmeric
1 tbsp… Dhaniya seeds / corriander seeds
1/2 tsp… Jeera powder
- In a wok, heat oil.
- Add jeers and rai. Let it splutter.
- Add the green chilly.
- Now add the capsicum and a little water.
- Reduce the flame to low-med. Cover with a lid and cook until half done.
- TO make the masala, in a dry grinder, grind dhaniya seeds first.
- Now add the peanuts, poppy seeds, jeera powder, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, red chilly powder and salt.
- Churn untila coarse powder is made.
- Once the capsicums are half done, tip the masala in the wok.
- Stir well. Add little water if needed.
- Now add the tamarind paste and mix well.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with bhakri, paratha or Poori.