Well I might have joined this group of food blogging enthusiasts very late but I am fortunate to be a part of the BM#25 which is a landmark of its own. A lot ladies took a trip to Ahmedabad and spent a couple of days giving, receiving and learning. I could not be a part of it but I am glad to be cooking for this month’s theme. I am a day late but what the heck. I made it 🙂 Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#25
This is a really quick fix when I run out of most of the veggies. I always have a bag of peas in the freezer. Since we are getting fresh ones right now, I am freezing the “real” deal right out of the shell. Pati and I love peas in all forms.
I made this curried peas to be devoured with toast/bhakri/poori one morning and we were set till afternoon.
It needs very basic ingredients actually. 🙂
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
1 cup… Shelled, washed and boiled peas
2 tbsp… Curd
1 tbsp… Tomato puree
1/2 tsp… Jeera/cumin seeds
1.. green chilly [Slit in the center]
Pinch of turmeric
Red chilly powder to taste
1/2 tsp.. Dhaniya powder
1/8th cup… Water
- Let the oil heat in a pan. Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add the green chilly and tomato puree.
- Add the masalas i.e. salt, dhaniya powder and red chilly powder.
- Now add the peas and water.
- Let them bubble.
- Add the curd while the flame is low.
- Cook until all the peas are coated with the masala.
- Serve warm with toast/bhakri/paratha/pooris.