One of the things that my fridge always has is a bag or two of sprouts. The pati loves them. And trust me the gujju way of making it takes hardly 5 min.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
200 gms…. Sprouts of your choice [I used green gram or Moong dal sprouts]
Salt to taste
1 tsp… Oil
1… Green chilly [Slit on the middle]
1/2 tsp… Jeera
A pinch of turmeric
Dash of red chilly powder [As much as you can take]
Squirt of half a lemon
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil.
- Add the jeera and green chilly powder.
- Add the washed sprouts and toss in the masalas as you like them.
- Add the water and let it cook upto 4 whistles on a full flame.
- When the steam settles, open the cooker and reduce the water, if any.
- Serve with a squirt of lime/lemon.
- It can also be had with chapati/bhakri.