For the final round of the BM#25, I chose cooking with alphabets. Here is my dish with “G”
I have always been amazed to see people make gnocchi flawlessly. I really never thought it is so easy to make. Trust me you can make it even if you dont have the
I made a chunky roasted tomato and rosemary sauce to go with it. It was perfect for supper.
You shall need: [Feeds 1]
For the Gnocchi-
2… Medium Potatoes [Boiled in salted water and peeled]
2-3 tbsp plus more for dusting… All purpose flour/maida
1 tsp… Crushed pepper
For the sauce:
1… Large tomato
1/2 tbsp… Rosemary [Dried]
2 tbsp… Tomato puree
Parmesan cheese [As much as you enjoy in your dish] – optional
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp+1 tbsp…. Oil/butter
- Cut and de seed the tomatoes. Mix them with a little rosemary, salt and pepper. Place in a pre heated oven at 180C for 45 min.
- Let the potatoes sit out for sometime. We need them to lose as much moisture as possible.
- Using a fork, mash it well in a bowl.
- Add salt and mixed herbs.
- Take it out on a wooden board and add 1 tbsp flour at a time and massage it in the potatoes well.
- Add flour until you get a pliable dough out of it.
- Once done, make 3/4 inch thick ropes out of it and cut in bite size pieces.
- Roll these pieces one by one over an inverted fork, against the twines, to get the ridges.
- Boil some water in a pan and lower the dumplings.
- Once they are done, they shall float on the water.
- Take them out using a slotted spoon.
- Once the tomatoes are done, take them out and remove the peel of the tomatoes.
- Cut them roughly and keep aside.
- In a pan, melt butter or heat the oil. Add the gnocci and stir for a few sec.
- Add the tomatoes and the puree.
- Season to your taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese and devour with glory.
Sending this to:
at Simply Tadka
at Cook’s Joy
at Food Corner