For feb here are the challengers:
Since I am from the north team I made the Pal Kozhukattai and the pati ate it like it was popcorn. He is more fond of coconut. I dont like it that much but I do use it often while cooking.
Here is Tamil’s version and recipe with a pictorial tutorial.
You shall need: [I halved the recipe]
1 tablespoon… Maida
- Trays to steam rice balls
- A large pot/sauce pan
- Boil 1 1/2 cup of water, teaspoon of oil with Salt. Reduce the flame and add the flours and mix well with spoon. Switch off the flame and leave it for 3-5 mins. Apply oil on your hand and mix the dough well.
- Make a Soft Dough.
- Grease the palms with oil and make small balls from the dough.
- Keep in the oiled steamer tray and steam for about 10-12 min.
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk. Add sugar and stir until mized.
- Lower the steamed balls and let them cook until they float. Cook on a medium flame [This should take about 15 min]
- Once they float, add the coconut milk and the flakes.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Once done, you may garnish with dry fruits if you desire.
- Serve warm or cold.