Lemon and chocolate…. Two strong ingredients but when mixed in right proportion, it is a marriage made in Heaven.
You shall need: [Makes 12]
For cup cake-
1 cup… Maids/ AP Flour
3/4 cup… Castor Sugar
1/3 cup… Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp… Baking soda
1/2 tsp… baking powder
1 tbsp.. Lemon rind
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp… Lemon essence
2 tbsp… Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 cup… Oil
For the Butter cream-
1/2 cup… Butter [Room temperature]
1 cup… Castor sugar
1 tbsp… Lemon rind
1.5 tbsp… Lemon Juice
few drops of yellow color
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, essence and rind.
- Add the oil and eggs.
- Beat for about 2 min until nice and fluffy.
- Add a few tbsp of cold water if the batter is too thick. We need a ribbon consistency.
- Line cup cake tray and fill it upto 3/4 level and bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for 12-15 min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let them cook completely.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and sugar until nice and pale.
- Add the lemon juice, rind and color.
- Mix until amalgamated.
- Apply frosting on the cup cakes when they are completely cooled.
To make them eggless, please use one of the replacements as mentioned here.
Sending this to: