Oh I found such beautiful strawberries at Gourmet West. They were clean and did not have leaves at the bottom that makes strawberries rot most of the time.
The method is simple and yields stunning results. 🙂
You shall need [Makes 10-12]:
1 cup… Flour [AP Flour/Maida]
3/4 cup… Castor Sugar
2 tbsp… Granulated sugar
1/2 cup… Diced strawberries
1 tsp… Vanilla essence [Or 1 pod of vanilla]
1/2 tsp… Baking powder
Pinch of salt
2… Medium eggs [At room temperature]
1/4 cup… Oil
1/4 cup… Milk
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Put strawberries in a bowl and add the granulated sugar to it. Keep it for a couple of min.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the oil, eggs and essence in another bowl.
- Beat in the wet stuff in the dry 1/2 at a time.
- Add milk on a need-to basis, we dont need a very loose batter.
- Fold the strawberries in the batter.
- Line the cup cake tin and bake in the oven for 12-15 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Once they are done, let them cook for 5-7 min in the moulds.
- Remove from moulds and let them cook completely on a cooling rack.
- Decorate e them with frosting of your choice. I used Mocha Chocolate butter cream and sprinklers.