BM#26 brought with it some really really interesting topics. I chose the theme cook 3 dishes for 3 different courses with 1 ingredient. Phew…I have chosen Pasta as the ingredient.
Here is my dish under the dish catagory- Bread
You shall need: [Makes 1 loaf of bread]
For the dough-
2 cup… All purpose flour
1.5 tsp… Fresh yeast
1 tbsp… Castor Sugar
1/2 tbsp… Salt
2 tbsp… butter [room temp]
For the Stuffing-
100 gms… Spaghetti pasta [Cooked Al dente]
1/3 cup… Tomato Puree
1 tsp… Garlic Powder [Or 2 pods of garlic crushed]
Salt and pepper to taste
1.. medium onion finely chopped
1.5 tsp… Butter
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the yeast and butter, mix well.
- Add salt and some milk. We need a soft dough.
- Knead until the dough is stretched and a thin film of the dough is formed.
- Let it proof for 50 min to an hour.
- In a pan, add the butter and onion.
- Let it turn nice pink.
- Add tomato puree and salt and pepper.
- Add garlic powder and mix well.
- Once the fat comes on top of the tomato onion mix.
- Add the pasta and toss it around well.
- Let it cool properly.
- Once the dough doubles, punch the air out of it.
- Using some flour and rolling pin, roll it into oval shape.
- Place the pasta in the center.
- Make slanting slits on to the dough edges and overlap on the pasta.
- Apply egg wash on the pleated bread and sprinkle poppy seeds and seasme seeds.
- Bake for 60 min in the oven.
- Once it is nice and golden brown, let it cool well.
- Cut in slices and serve.