I welcome myself to the very ambitious 30 day blogging marathon courtesy Valli. This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Theme 1- Ocassions
Occasion for Day 1- House Warming
Have you even thought of edible gifts for your loved ones? I have started doing that more often and trust me it is very rewarding.
For our friends Sheelu and Saurabh’s house warming, I made eggless marble cupcakes with rich chocolate butter cream frosting.
For the cupcakes-
1 cup plus 1 cup.. All purpose flour/Maida
3/4 cup plus 3/4 cup… Castor sugar
1/2 tsp… Vanilla essence
1/2 cup plus 1/2 cup… Oil
1/3 cup.. Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp.. baking soda
1/2 tsp plus 1/2 tsp.. Baking powder
3/4 cup plus 3/4 cup… Buttermilk [Add a tbsp of vinegar to 3/4 cup milk and let it stand for 10 min]
- In a mixing bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup castor sugar, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup castor sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/3 cup cocoa powder ,a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder and keep aside.
- Add oil and butter milk to the bowls and mix well.
- Line a cupcake mould with liners.
- In each liner pour a tbsp of vanilla batter and then chocolate batter. Repeat until the liners ate 3/4 full.
- Using a toothpick, stir the batter in each liner to achieve that marble effect.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
For the rich chocolate butter cream-
You shall need-
1.5 cup… Castor sugar
1/2 cup… Butter [room temperature]
1/2 cup… Melted chocolate [I used semi sweet chocolate]
- Cream the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate and beat for few sec on medium speed.
- It should be nice and sturdy.
- In case it is not so sturdy, add a little more castor sugar.
- Fill in piping bag and ice away to glory.
For making the red butter cream-
You shall need:
1/2 cup… Castor sugar
2 tbsp… Butter [room temp]
few drops of red color
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the red color and beat for few more sec until combined.
- Fill in a piping bag and add the letters to the cup cakes.