Oh one of the days when I don’t have the pati around And I have just few things in the fridge.
- Left over rice
- Half a Kachha aam
- 2-3 small eggplants
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Occasion for Day 4- Solitary Dinner
you shall need [Feeds 1]
For the Bhaja-
1 cup… Boiled rice
3…. Small eggplants or 1 medium size eggplant [Wash and cut in rounds]
1.5 tsp … salt
1 tsp… Red chilly
1 tsp… Turmeric powder
1/2 cup… Rice flour
mustard oil to shallow fry
1/2… Mango [Washed, peeled and sliced thin]
1 tbsp… Vegetable oil
1/2 tsp… Mustard seeds
Salt and pinch of turmeric
- In a bowl, add the brinjal rounds, salt, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Coat the brinjals properly and keep it for 10 min.
- In a pan, heat mustard oil till it smokes, reduce the heat to medium.
- Put the rice flour in a plate and coat the brinjals with it lightly. Remove the excess.
- Lower them one by one in the pan.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 min or until nice and cooked.
- Once done, remove on a paper towel.
- In another pan, heat vegetable oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the salt and turmeric and red chilly powder.
- Add the mango pieces and the rice.
- Mix them well.
- Serve rice on the plate and put the brinjals on and around it.
- Serve hot.