Aah the simple dals can also be the star of a meal. I made this simple dal like mom makes for a lunch with the girl friends at work 🙂
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Occasion for Day 7- Ladies dont bring dal for lunch, I shall make mom’s kick ass recipe
You shall need: [Serves 4]
1 cup… Dhuli Masoor [Pink dal, wash and soak for 10 min]
3/4 cup chopped raw mango/kaccha aam
1 tsp.. Jeera
a pinch of heeng
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2… dried red chillies
2 cup water
Salt and red chilly powder
- Pressure cook the dal with water and turmeric. [2 whistles is fine]
- In a pan, heat the ghee/oil and add the jeers and red chillies.
- Once the jeers changes color, add the red chilly powder and the mangoes.
- Add a little water and cook until the mango is cooked through.
- Now add the dal and salt.
- Cook until the masalas and dal have mixed properly.
- Server with rice or chapati of your choice.