I participated in an exhibition recently with Sheelu where we had taken a stall for cup cakes and paapdi chaat. 🙂 Since it was around Hoil, rainbow cup cakes seemed like a good idea.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Occasion for Day 8- Hoil
You shall need: [Serves makes 24]
2 cup… Flour
1.5 cup… Castor Sugar
1.5 tbsp… Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup…. Oil
1 cup.. Butter milk [Add a tbsp of vinegar to milk and let it stand for a few min]
1.5 tsp… Baking powder
Colors of your choice- I used red, yellow, blue, orange, purple etc
- Sift flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, butter milk and oil.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla essence and beat well for 2 min.
- Add the liners to the cupcake mould.
- Make 4-5 separate batches of the available batter and add the color of your choice to it.
- Now add one color at a time in a way that we make layers from it. Eg- 1 spoon of red, then yellow, then blue and green on top.
- Bake for 15-20 min in a pre heated oven at 180C.
- Serve with love