Sheermal is a saffron flavored sweet flat bread. It is full if nice things like ghee, milk and saffron ❤ An Absolute pleasure on the table.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Sheermal
Origin- Persian and Avadhi
You shall need: [Makes about 15, depends on the size]
1/4 tsp… Saffron strands
2 tsp… Sugar
1.5 cup… Maida/AP Flour
1/4 cup… Ghee
1 tsp… Baking powder
1/2 tsp… Salt
1 tsp.. Cardamom powder
1 cup… Milk
- Heat 5-6 tbsp milk and add the saffron and sugar to it. Let it stand for a few min.
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the saffron milk, plain milk and cardamom powder.
- Add ghee a tbsp at a time and make sure the dough drinks it all.
- Let it stand for 10 min.
- Divide in 15 equal balls.
- Roll them out and prick it with a fork.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for 4 min.
- Apply butter after 4 min and bake again for 4 min.
- Serve with sides of your choice.
Additionally you may add dry fruits to it to make a richer version.