The butter masalas in all forms are almost a national favorite. What makes this dish so favourite? Butter masala is a creamy tomato-ey, orange curry which can is flavored with yogurt and fresh cream [Or cream from a carton].
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Paneer Butter Masala
Origin- Northern India
You shall need [Feeds 2]
200 gms… Fresh Cottage cheese/paneer [Cut in cubes of equal size]
2 …tomatoes [Medium size]
2-3.. green chillies
1 tbsp.. Ginger garlic paste
1-2 tbsp… Thick Yogurt
3 tbsp… Fresh cream [Or carton cream]
1 tsp.. Jeera
1 tsp… Garam Masala
pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp… Kasoori methi [Dried fenugreek leaves]
2 tbsp.. Ghee
2 blobs of butter
- Make a paste of onions, green chillies, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and yogurt.
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add the jeera.
- Once it changes color, add the puree and cook it until the fat comes on top.
- Add a blob of butter and add the salt, turmeric and red chilly powder if needed.
- Now add the paneer and let it be coated in the masala.
- Add the cream and stir well.
- Cover and let it simmer for 3-4 min on a medium flame.
- Dry Roast the kasoori methi in a pan and add to the dish.
- Serve with roti/naan/chapati.
- Add the final blob of butter on top.