Oh finally the fear of making a baked cheesecake is gone. 🙂 Baking Partners’ this month challenge was to make a classic baked cheese cake. I cheated on it a little and gave the Japanese Cotton soft cheese cake a delish crust. 🙂 I dont prefer cheese cake without the crust.
This recipe is also a part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Baked cheese cake
Origin- Ancient Greece
You shall need: [Feeds- 10]- Adapted from various sources
1.5 cup… Chocolate chip cookies
1/2 tbsp… Butter
For the cheesecake:
1 cup… Pureed Strawberries
1/2 cup… Chocolate chip
1 cup… Paneer/cottage cheese
1/2 cup… Milk
1 tbsp… Corn Flour
- Pulse the cookies in a processor and rub the butter in it.
- Form a layer of this in a springform pan and bake for 15 min in a pre heated oven at 180C.
- While the base is getting baked, churn the cheese with 2 tbsp milk in a mixer until it is nice and smooth.
- Add this to a big bowl, now add the milk and corn flour.
- Beat for a min.
- Add the puree and eggs one at a time.
- Beat for good 3-4 min.
- This mixture shall be runny.
- Now add the chocolate chips. Save some to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour on the baked base and return to the oven for 55-60 min.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips.
- To check the done-ness, give it a little shake, it shall be slightly wobbly in the center.
- Take it out and let it cool. The center shall cook with the residual heat.
- Serve with love.