In my home, there is no reason to NOT make a cake. Although the pati and I hardly eat it now, I usually make it when a genius idea strikes. 🙂
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Cake
Seasonal Produce- Strawberry
You shall need:
2 Moist chocolate chip cakes [Or 1 cut in half]
For the strawberry syrup-
1/2… cup sugar
1/3 cup… Pureed and strained strawberry
Spritz of half a lime
and few drops of strawberry essence
For the Frosting-
1/2 cup… Whipping cream
2 cup… Icing Sugar
Few tbsp of milk [if need be]
2-3 drops of red color to get a nice pink color
1/2 tbsp… Strawberry essence
1/2 cup… Macerated Strawberries
About 2 cups… Sliced Strawberries
- In a pan, heat the strawberry puree and sugar. You might need to add a few tbsp of water to loosen it a bit. Say about 3-4 tbsp.
- Once amalgamated, remove from heat and add the essence and lemon/lime juice.
- Using a brush, apply it on the cakes and let them soak it all up.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks are formed.
- Add the color and essence and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Place one of the cake on the cake tray, put 1/3 of the frosting on it.
- Cover it with the macerated strawberries and out another layer of the cake on top.
- Now frost the cake with the remaining frosting and stick the strawberry slices on it.
- Let it chill for a few min. Serve with love.