My mom is from Kanpur and I have had a series of stuffed pooris/kachaudis from her kitchen. It was my time to experiment and make her proud. The usual peas kachaudi/poori that we see had pounded peas, but for my version, I used whole peas. Yes yes, dont get worried, in my opinion, it tasted much much better than the pounded one.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Kachaudi
Seasonal Produce- Peas
You shall need:
For the Dough-
2 cup… Wheat flour
2 tbsp… Oil
1 tsp… Salt
For the Filling-
1 cup… Boiled peas
1 tbsp.. Oil
1/2 tsp… Jeera
pinch of heeng
Red chilly powder
1… green chilly [Finely chopped]
1 tbsp… Jeera powder
1/2 tbsp.. Chaat masala
1/2 tsp… Garam masala
Oil for deep frying
- Make a poori dough out of the dough ingredients. Keep it covered and let it rest for 15-20 min.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add the jeera.
- Once it changes color, add the peas, salt and red chilly powder.
- Let it cook for a few min.
- Now add the jeera powder, chaat masala and garam masala.
- Mix well.
- Remove from pan and keep aside to cool.
- Make 12-14 balls from the dough and keep aside.
- Now fill the dough like this.
- Roll it out with the help of little flour, if needed.
- Slide it slowly in a wok with hot oil.
- Cook it on medium heat so that it cooks through.
- Serve it with curry of your choice/achaar/raita.