I am a salsa fan and the pati has adapted to it too. He dips almost everything he can it in. 🙂 I woek up one morning thinking about a mango salsa and tadaaa…I made it finally.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Salsa
Seasonal Produce- Mangoes
You shall need: [Makes about 250 gms]
2… Medium size tomatoes
1… large cucumber [Peeled and seeded]
1.. Large Capsicum [Chopped small]
1… Large Mango
3 tbsp… Tomato Puree
2 tbsp… Jalapenos [Chopped finely]
1 tsp… Paprika powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp… Oil
Spritz of 1/2 a lemon
[You may add onions too but I avoided them]
- Pre heat oven to 200C.
- Cut the mango into pieces and toss it in about 1 tsp oil.
- Put it on a baking tray and grill it for about 12 min.
- Insert a fork on the tomato and capsicum and roast them on open fire.
- Remove the tomato skin and chop in small pieces.
- Chop the capsicum too [I left some skin on it for that smoky flavor.
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Add the puree and stir for few min.
- Now add the tomatoes, capsicum and mango to it.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 min.
- Add the cucumber, Jalapenos, paprika and salt.
- Cook without the lid now and let some water evaporate from the pan.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Turn off the gas and add the lemon juice.
- Let it cool completely.
- Transfer to an airtight bottle and keep in fridge.