Burrito is a flour tortilla/flat bread which is stuffed with filling of your choice and wrapped. The work burrito actually means Donkey in spanish. Which could imply a flat bread that carries all that is stuffed in it 🙂
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Burrito
Seasonal Produce- Peas
You shall need: [Makes 4 rolls]
2/3 cup… Rice [Boiled]
1/2 cup… Boiled peas
1.. Medium size onion [Chopped finely]
1 tbsp… Butter
Salt and paprika powder
4.. Whole wheat chapatis [Large ones]
1 cup… Mango Cucumber salsa
handful of chips
toothpicks to secure the roll if needed
- In a wok, heat the butter.
- Add the onions and cook until nice and light brown.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper and toss it.
- Now add the peas.
- Check for the seasoning.
- On the chapati, place the rice in the center in a straight line.
- Put some salsa on it.
- Break chips and put it on top of the salsa.
- Roll the chapati/tortilla and secure with toothpicks if needed. Repeat for others.
- Serve with a drink of your choice.