Does it happen to you that you land up with muesli in a jar that has been lying around for too long? I found this simple use that makes muesli last longer and uses up bits and pieces of everything that you have around.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day –Bars
Seasonal Produce- Strawberry preserve
You shall need: [Makes 10 – 12 bars]
2 cup… Muesli of your choice
1/3 cup… Almond Slivers
1/4 cup… Raisins [Washed]
1/2 tsp… Cinnamon powder
1/8th cup.. Flour
2 tbsp… Butter
4-5 tbsp… Strawberry preserve
1 cup plus more… Organic honey
Butter to line the baking tray
- Pre heat an oven to 180C for about 15 min.
- In a bowl, dunk everything except honey, preserve and butter.
- Mix with the help of a fork.
- Now add the butter and honey, mix it well so that a clumpy mass if formed.
- Line a baking tray with butter and spread the mix on it in a rectangle form.
- Bake it for 25-30 min or until the mix is nice and brown.
- Let it cool for about 2-3 hours and cut in rectangles/square and devour.
I could not take a pic when it was baked 😦