The pati just adores dried apricots. I picked this really nice and clean pack from gourmet westside the other day. Another reason to make them was that our friends were visiting up and cup cakes are just your version of saying I love guys, thanks for coming 🙂
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day –Cup cake
You shall need: [makes about 10 big cup cakes]
1 cup… Maida
1/2 tsp.. Baking powder
1/2 tsp.. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp… Salt
1/3 cup… Cocoa powder
1/2 cup.. Castor sugar
1/4 cup… Brown sugar
1/2 cup… Buttermilk
1/4 cup… Oil
14-15 pieces .. Chopped dried apricots
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Add the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Now add an egg at a time and beat it in the mix.
- Add the oil and butter milk too.
- Fold in the apricots and pour in the cup cake moulds.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until the skewer comes out clean.
- You may add 1.5 tbsp whiskey to the batter if you wish make the liquor version.