Aah I love biscotti… Period 🙂
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Biscotti
You shall need: [Makes about 20]
1.5 cup… All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup… Castor Sugar
1/4 cup… Brown Sugar
1/2 cup… Roasted almond slivers
1/2 cup… Butter
And 1 egg white slightly beaten.
1/2 tsp… Baking powder
2-3 tbsp… Milk
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder using a fork.
- Add the sugar.
- Using a spatula, mix the butter and egg in properly.
- Now add the almonds.
- If the mix feels too dry add few tbsp of milk. If we bake the dough too dry, it tends to crack and not hold shape.
- Transfer on a greased tray.
- Form a log and apply egg white all around it using a brush.
- Bake for about 20-25 min or until it is cooked through.
- Take it out and cut in long strips.
- Now bake them side down for 15 min.
- Turn the sides over and bake for another 10-12 min.
- They should be nice and golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve with love.