This Peruvian delight is a catch I tell you. These are basically rice and lentil cakes. Did I hear leaft overs, yes left overs can be very well used for this one. 🙂
This recipe is a part of BM#28. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
You shall need: [Makes about 4 medium sized cakes]
1/2 cup… Boiled rice
1/3 cup… Cooked lentil of your choice. [I used whole masoor dal]
1 Small… Onion [chopped finely]
1 tbsp… Oil
Salt and pepper
Few tbsp of rice flour
Oil for shallow frying
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onion and saute.
- Now add the lentils and let the water evaporate.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Mix this lentil and onion mixture to the rice.
- Add rice flour a tbsp at a time.
- We dont want to add too much of it and make it floury.
- Add only so much that the dal and rice combine well.
- Now take about a ladle-ful of the mix and put it on a pan which was pre heated with oil for shallow frying.
- Let it cook until crisp on one side and flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with salad and main dish of your choice.
This dish is specially for Pavani’s event- 5 ingredient fix, which she is hosting this month in Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event.She has given salt/sugar, chilli powder/pepper powder, oil/butter as freebies and this dish which uses very few ingredients seems apt for her event