My romance with beetroot is continuing for sometime now 🙂 Though I loved the pairing, there were not many takers for this samosa.
This post is a part of BM#28. My theme for this part of samosas with different fillings. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM.
You shall need: [Makes 14-16]
For the dough-
1 …Small beetroot [Washed, peeled and Boiled]
1.5 cup… Maida [All porpose flour]
2 tbsp… Oil
Corriander/Basil [Few leaves]
1/2 tsp… Salt
For the Filling:
1/2 cup… Baby corn [Cut in small pieces]
1/3 cup .. Processed cheese [Grated]
1/3 cup… Spring onion with greens
1/2 tsp… Oregano
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp maida with 2 tbsp water
Wok and slotted spoon
- To make the dough, mix all the ingredients except water.
- Now add water little by little and made a slighty sough dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for a few min to rest.
- In a pan, heat a tsp of oil.
- Add the baby corn and cover and cook until nice and tender.
- Add the spring onions and cook for a few more min.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix the cheese in it gently.
- The warmth shall make the cheese to melt.
- Take a ping pong size ball out of the dough and roll it in a circle.
- Cut it from the center and make a cone.
- Secure the sides with the maida mixture.
- Now put the filling in the samosa and close its base.
- Repeat the process for all samosas.
- Heat the oil on medium flame and lower the samosas.
- Do not fry them on HIGH as the dough shall not cook uniformly.
- Serve with dip of your choice.