I was so scared to try the cheela but thinks to the awesome motivation by Monika and Swati I decided to dive in.
I had so much of them when I was a little girl that I didnt touch them at all for atleast 10 years after words. Few days back when I made this, it took me back to mom’s rustic kitchen.
You shall need: [Feeds 2 for breakfast]
1/2 cup… Moong dal
4 tbsp… Rice
1 tsp… Methi Dana
2.. Green Chillies
1 tbsp… Ginger garlic paste
Red chilly powder
1 bunch About a cup of leafs]… Palak/spinach [Washed]
1/4 cup… Corn kernels
- Soak the lentil, rice and methi seeds overnight.
- Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Wash the palak leaves and corn kernels.
- In a mixer, add the corn, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, palak and lentils mixture.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- Add a couple of tbsp of water is need be.
- Take it out in a bowl and season.
- Add more water as we want it be of a slightly pouring consistency [More like dosa batter]
- On a hot skillet, pour a ladle ful and spread as thin as possible.
- Now add a few drops of oil
- Adjust the heat to medium and let it cook.
- Flip it carefully and cook on the other side too.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.
Nupur’s Whats with my cuppa