Every remember hiding something so well that you find it after weeks? I found 2- 200 gms pack of jujubes that I picked from God’s own country aka Munnar. They are so so so yumm that I hid them so that we wont be able to eat them. 😛
With this hidden treasure I decided to upscale the humble vanilla muffins.
You shall need:
1 cup.. All purpose Flour
2/3 cup… Sugar [Granular-white]
1 tsp.. Baking powder
1/3 cup… Vegetable oil [flavorless]
a pinch of salt
1.5 tsp… Vanilla essence
1/2 cup… Butter milk
1.. large egg
1/2 cup+few tbsp more… Jujubes [I used mixed color ones]
- In one bowl, sift the dry ingredients except the sugar and jujubes.
- Add sugar to it and mix with a whisk. Make a pool in the middle.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour in the middle of the dry.
- Mix with a whisk until just combined.
- Fold in the jujubes.
- Put them upto 3/4 of the liner in a muffin tray. Put a few jujubes on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 25 min or until they are springy to touch.
- They shall not rise as much and dont get scared to see the sugar off the jujube melting in the batter.
Nupur’s Whats with my cuppa