I had a packet of Indian Plums lying around in the fridge. Now who would want to throw away those precious plums? The pati does not like them and there is only so much that I can eat.
While I am on a forced break from cooking due to a bad dog bite on the right hand fingers, I still made this to cheer myself up 🙂
Method and Ingredients: [makes 1 – 8″ cake]
- Sift 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1.5 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt. Keep aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1 cup brown sugar. Add 2 eggs one at a time until nice and light.
- Alternate flour mix and 3/4 cup buttermilk (add 1/2 tbsp vinegar in milk and let it stand for 5 min)
- Melt 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate and keep aside.
- In a small pan, boil 1/2 cup water add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup plum pieces. Let it reduce to almost 1/2. Let the plums cool well.
- Fold the melted chocolate and plum sauce the cake batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 25 min or until a skewer when inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool in pan for 10 min and remove from the pan. Serve when it is cooled well. Cheers!!
Sending this to: