Ever wondered if there was an alternate/healthier version of the otherwise loaded pizza. Being on a healthy-eating spree inspires me to read and understand and appreciate these alternate ingredients.
On one of the blogs I read something about Cauliflower rice to make pizza base. It is absolutely genius and easy to put together.
You shall need: [Feeds 2]
3 cups… Cauliflower Rice [Recipe follows]
Pizza Sauce of your choice
Toppings of your choice [ I used jalapenos, fresh corn kernels, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and chilly flakes and some mozzarella]
2 tbsp plus more… Cheese of your choice [I used a mix of Cheddar and mozzarella]
1 tbsp… Oregano
2 eggs [ I used 1 but the binding was not upto the mark. Hence 2 eggs must go in]
- Clean the florets of the cauliflower.
- Pulse it in a food processor until it resembles coarse rice.
- Boil water in a pan and dunk the cauliflower rice in for 3 min.
- Take it out on a cheese cloth and squeeze all the water out.
- This needs effort and is worth the hard work.
- Once it is nice and dry, add salt, pepper, chilly flakes, oregano, cheese and 2 eggs.
- Mix well.
- Line a try with butter paper and spread the cauliflower mix on it evenly.
- Bake in a 200C pre heated oven for 25-30 min or until it is nice and golden.
- Pull it out and arrange the toppings the way you like.
- Bake for further 15 min at 220C and it is ready to serve.
Sending this to: