For this months Baking Partners challenge I made Biscotti. Well I have been making a lot of them off later but this one got rave reviews from my dearest girl friend and my adorable younger sister. 🙂 I have made the classic version before.
You shall need:
1 cup… All purpose flour
1 tbsp… Instant coffee added to 2 tbsp boiling water.
1 … large egg
1/2 cup… Golden brown sugar
1/4 tsp… Salt
1/2 tsp… Baking soda
2.5 tbsp… Cocoa powder
1/4 cup… chocolate chip
1/2 cup… Almond slivers
1/4 cup… butter
1 tsp… vanilla essence
Few tbsp of milk
- Pre heat oven the 180C.
- Cream sugar and butter until pale.
- Add the egg and beat.
- In a bowl mix the cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda with a whisk.
- Stir in the flour with the butter and egg.
- Add the coffee and vanilla.
- Mix the dough well.
- We dont want a very wet dough it needs to be comparatively dry as it need to be shaped in a log form.
- Add the chocolate chips and almond.
- Add a few tbsp of milk it need be.
- Apply butter on the baking tray and make 2 logs of equal size and shape.
- Bake for 20 min or until nice and hard on the top.
- Let it cool for 10-15 min.
- Now slice them and bake again for 10-15 min each side or until the moisture is gone.
- Serve with tea or coffee.
Alternatively you make dip it in chocolate of your choice and serve. I could not take another picture of the finished biscotti and it was wrapped up and sent as a gift. 🙂