Ooh I am so late with the posts that I dont have enough sorry smilies left. But them what have I been upto? I celebrated my 29th birthday this month, have been practicing for the dance performances, entertaining friends and family and dealing with maid’s personal crisis.
Well anyway I shall finish it for sure even if it take too long 🙂
This post is a part of Blogging Marathon. For the first week of BM#32.
You shall need:
For the base:
4 tbsp …Melted Butter
2 tbsp… Honey
3 tbsp… Brown Sugar
1/2 cup… roasted hazelnuts [slightly crushed]
1/4 cup… roasted almond slivers
For the cake:
1.25 cup… Flour
1 tsp.. Salt
1 tsp… Baking powder
3 tbsp… Cocoa powder
1 tsp… Soda bi carb
1 cup… butter milk [Add 1 tbsp vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand for 10 min]
1/3 cup… Butter
1 cup… Sugar
Few tbsp milk.
1 tbsp… vanilla
1/4 cup… finely chopped hazelnuts
- In an 8 inch cake pan, butter the sides generously.
- Add the melted butter and honey and spread it well.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and nuts on it.
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg one at a time.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Add them in 3 parts alternating with butter milk.
- Fold in the crushed nuts and lay the batter carefully on the cake tin base.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- let it cool in the tin for 15 min.
- Pray to the cake Gods and take it out on a serving plate and serve with love.