There has always been a hullabaloo on the Risotto rice. Some say Arborio is a must but what do you do if you dont the rice ready at hand? Well, few articulate food experts would rush to the gourmet store and get it. Others shall postpone making it while people like me, the I-Want-To-Eat-Risotto-Today kind shall look for Indian alternate that is available.
So Google took to the this link where the author was happy with her results with the Idli rice/Par boiled rice. Trust me the result was delectable. Slurrpppp.
You Shall need:
3/4 cup… Idli rice/Arborio rice
2-1/2 cup… Stock of your choice (I made one broccoli, onions, carrot, peppers, cauliflower and cabbage)
1 tbsp… Olive oil
1/4 cup… Chopped onions
1/2 cup… White wine
4-5… saffron strands
1 tbsp… Butter
1/4 cup… Parmesan cheese
Sale and pepper to taste
- Boil the stock and reduce the gas to low.
- In a small bowl, take about 4-5 tbsp of stock and add the saffron. Let it infuse well.
- In a pan, heat the butter and oil.
- Saute onions in it with some salt and pepper.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the rice and stir until it is nice and shiny.
- Add one ladle stock at a time and dont stir the rice.
- Once it is absorbed, add another ladle and so on.
- Once all the stock in in from the bowl, add the one with saffron.
- I added wine at the last and cooked it until it was absorbed.
- Add the cheese and let it do its magic :)
- Serve it hot/warm with love.
Sending this to: