Oh yes yes I cant get enough of that previous Kofta sauce okay. Mom usually makes Lauki kofta in tomato onion sauce, well since I am her offspring I need to make my own changes to it 😛
Here is that you shall need for the Koftas, the recipe for the gravy remains the same as here.
1.5 cup…. Bottle gourd (Wash, peel and grate it)
3-4 tbsp…. besan (gram flour)
3/4 cup… Fenugreek leaves (wash and chop)
Salt and red chilly powder to taste
1/2 tsp… Turmeric powder
1 tbsp… Dhaniya powder (coriander)
1 tsp… carom seeds
2 tbsp… warm oil (keeps the koftas soft on the inside)
Oil to fry
- In a bowl, add the lauki and the methi, mix well.
- Squeeze the lauki juices using the palm/with a fist.
- Add the spices, oil and gram flour.
- Make a dough that is of a fritter consistency.
- Test a small dollop of the koftas in the oil.
- If it splits, add little gram flour at a time and test.
- Be very careful and add only that much flour that will make sure that the kofta dont split, we dont want a pakora flavour. 🙂
- Fry them on a medium-high heat until nice and golden.
- Lower them in the gravy as described in this blog post.