Well I am doing the Blogging Marathon after ages and boy I am glad to be back 🙂 This week I am doing 3 variations of naan’s. I thought let me start by doing something sweet.
For me things that ring a bell of dessert are nuts, cinnamon, sugar and nutella. So I used up all this in the naan. 🙂
Here is all that you shall need: (Makes about 5-6)
1 cup… All purpose flour
3.5 tbsp… Ground sugar
2 tbsp… Granulated sugar
1 tsp… Baking soda
1/2 tsp… salt
1/4 cup… Almonds
2 tsp + 2 tsp… cinnamon powder
2-3 knobs of butter
1/2 tbsp… Oil
4-5 tbsp… curd/yogurt
- In a small bowl mix, granulated sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon powder.
- In a medium size bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and powdered sugar. Mix well using a fork.
- Now add the curd and knead it into a dough. Add a touch more curd, in case it is dry.
- Knead until nice and soft.
- Now add the oil and knead again.
- Put it on a oiled bowl and leave on the kitchen counter (covered with a tea towel) for about an hour.
- Pre heat oven at 190C.
- Make 5-6 balls out of the dough with the help of little oil/butter in your hand.
- Oil/ butter a tray and place the balls about 2 inch apart.
- Press the balls down gently to form discs, you may use rolling pin but I like the more rustic form.
- Sprinkle some of the sugar and cinnamon mix on it and top with some almonds.
- Bake for 10 min and then take them out. Smother some butter on top using the back of a spoon/a brush and bake for another 5 min.
- To serve, top it with nutella or honey.
- Serve with love.