I have been fascinated by Bignet’s ever since I laid my eyes on them on a TLC show. These pillows of fried dough with loads of sugar on top are as delicious as well. Love love love them.
For the BM#38 series for the week, I have chosen fried dough as the theme.
You shall need:
1/4 cup …butter (melted)
1/4 cup… water
1/4 teaspoon… salt
1 cup …all-purpose flour
1/2 cup…. yogurt
1/2 tsp… Baking soda
2 tbsp… castor sugar
oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix slat, baking soda, castor sugar and all purpose flour.
- Now add butter and mix it in the flour.
- Add the yogurt next.
- We need to make a soft dough.
- Now add water as need be.
- The dough will be little sticky, but we need to knead it until it all comes together properly.
- Let it rest on the table counter in a oiled pan, covered with cling film, for about 2 hours.
- It shall be fermented till then, roll it out and cut shapes that you desire.
- Fry them in the hot oil (on a medium high heat) until they get an even color.
- Take them out on a paper towel.
- Serve with a generous amount of dusting of icing sugar on top.