These delish sweet treats from Lebanon come in handy for all occasions. These treats are fried until golden brown and immersed in simple sugar syrup.
You shall need:
1 cup… flour
1 tsp…. sugar
3/4 cup… water
3/4 tsp… dry yeast
1/4 tsp… salt
oil for frying
3/4 cup… Water1 cup… Sugar
1 tsp… Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Add yeast in it and let it stand for 10 min.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt and the yeast.
- Add water little at a time and knead into a dough.
- Let it stand for 1 hour or until the dough doubles.
- Punch it down, make a long log out of it and cut small pieces.
- Fry in hot oil on a medium-high heat until they are evenly golden.
- In a pan, boil the sugar, water and lemon juice until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and let the syrup cool a bit.
- Strain the syrup through a mesh.
- Once the syrup is at room temp, tip in all the fried dough.
- It shall soak the syrup quickly.
- Serve as a snack or a sweet treat.